Interior Design Assistant
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: FULL TIME (3 Month Probationary Period)
BTL Property is a leading design and build company, based in South West London. We work with clients from concept to completion focusing on Architectural and Interior Design, Audio Visual specifications and the Build itself.
The Company was founded in 2002 and since then we have worked on hundreds of projects. The interior design department was introduced in 2015 and is currently a four person team and growing quickly. The interior design projects we carry out are predominantly London based but not exclusively.
We currently have a position available for an Interior Design assistant who will work alongside the inerior design team.
You would be assisting with our current projects that are mostly mid to large-scale residential refurbishments within southwest of London.
- Liaising with suppliers, manufacturers and project managers.
- Attending design meetings, offering views and taking minutes.
- Assist the Interior Designer to produce full interior specifications, including sourcing and purchasing items.
- Creating concept boards and presentations for clients.
- Creating lighting and electrical layouts in AutoCAD.
- Joinery design.
- Producing plans/bathroom elevations/furniture layouts/sections in AutoCAD.
- Compiling sanitaryware and other supply item schedules in Estimac.
- Organising the sample library and keeping it up to date with new product lines, generating new relationships with suppliers, setting up trade accounts and maintaining existing ones.
- Liaising with site and project managers on-site with designs when required.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Have the ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Be able to work well in a team and confidently as an individual.
- Have good attention to detail and have an organised working approach.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be ready to follow instructions, learn and work using ones own initiative.
- Completed an Interior Design qualification.
- Good IT skills.
- Use of AutoCAD is essential.
- Photoshop, InDesign, and EstiMac is beneficial.
- Full UK Driving licence essential.
The successful applicant will receive:
- Salary dependent upon experience
- Annual discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Educational holiday allowance
- Company mobile phone
- All out of pocket expenses
- Company pension scheme - BTL will contribute up to 3%
If interested please email your updated CV and portfolio to Leah Townsend & Lauren Neave.
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com