Start Date: ASAP
Duration: FULL TIME (3 Month Probationary Period)
BTL Property is a leading design and build company, based in south west London. We work with clients from concept to completion focusing on architectural and interior design, audio visual specifications and the build itself.
The company was founded in 2002 and since then we have worked on hundreds of projects. The interior design department was introduced in 2015 and is currently a four person team and growing quickly. The interior design projects we carry out are predominantly London based, but not exclusively.
The Role: Interior Designer
BTL Property has an opportunity for an interior designer to join its London team and work alongside the established interior design team.
You would be assisting with our current projects that are mid to large scale residential refurbishments within the west and southwest London area.
- Creative and a passion for interior design
- self-motivated and driven
- problem solver
- have the ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- be able to work well in a team and confidently as an individual
- have good attention to detail and hyper organised
- have good communication and interpersonal skills
- client facing
- be ready to follow instructions, learn and work using one's own initiative
Main responsibilities are (but not limited to):
Essential skill requirements:
- to understand the design project and prepare and develop where required, drawings, images, material and mood boards and other documents relating to the design
- to generate and develop concepts in order to provide effective solutions to client brief, formulate design decisions and present for discussion and sign off
- take the lead on the design of several large scale projects at one time
- to take responsibility for the design and day to day management of projects
- liaise with members of the other departments and other associated organisations or companies
- able to assist with the management of junior assistant designers on the team
- understanding of financial aspects of running a design project on time and on budget
- strong FF&E skills with knowledge of sourcing and specifying high end product
- full EU driving licence and comfortable driving around London - you will be required to drive most days
- strong technical drawing skills and AutoCAD
- InDesign and Photoshop
- Microsoft Office applications
- 2-4 years experience
Beneficial skill requirements:
Ideally you will be able to start within four weeks, with salary commensurate with experience. If interested please email your updated CV, and portfolio if available, to Leah Townsend and Chris Moore: firstname.lastname@example.org